Audiologists are highly-educated professionals who must have a minimum of a master’s degree in their field to practice in Canada, which is why they are qualified to assess, diagnose (restricted in some provinces/territories) and treat a broad range of hearing and balance disorders.
Audiologists can help with:
- Hearing disorders in infants, children and adults.
- Amplification such as hearing aids and other assistive listening devices.
- Auditory processing disorders: issues with how the brain processes sound.
- Tinnitus: noise or ringing in the ears.
- Hyperacusis and Misophonia: sensitivities to particular sounds.
- Balance disorders including dizziness or vertigo caused by Ménières disease, ear infections and trauma to the skull.
- Cerumen Management