Continuing Education is required by all members (minimum 10 hours per year) and can be selected by the member based on their interests/needs within the field of Audiology or Speech-Language Pathology. Members must declare their Continuing Education Equivalents (CEE’s) as part of the Registration Renewal Process.
NLCHP Quality Assurance
Learn more about NLCHP's Quality Assurance Program and Committee >
In order to provide public protection and to prevent any misrepresentation to the public, the Health Professionals Act, SNL 2010, c.H-1.02 section 32 states that a person shall not use a name, title, description or abbreviation in a manner that expresses or implies that she or he is a member of a college unless the person is a registered member of that college.
All Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists registered to practice Audiology or Speech-Language Pathology in Newfoundland and Labrador must use the approved occupational titles and abbreviations. Please see Policy “Quality Assurance 4-10 Use of Title”
To further support quality assurance, continuing education is required by all members (minimum 10 hours per year) and can be selected by the member based on their interests/needs within the field of Audiology or Speech-Language Pathology.
Click here to access the NLCHP CEE portal.
Continuing Education Equivalent Reporting Form
- Continuous Quality Improvement Program
- Continuing Education Equivalent Reporting Form
- Summary of Learning Outcomes Form
Reporting of Credits
- A total of 10 CEEs each year is required to maintain membership in CASLP-NL and your registration with NLCHP. January 1st to December 31st each year will be considered the CEE reporting year.
- Credits cannot be carried over to another reporting year.
- There are no limits on the number of CEEs that can be counted in some areas.
- For categories with maximum numbers, please record CEEs earned or the maximum, whichever is less.
Retention of Records
- Registrants are required to enter CEE information and upload their proof of CEEs to the portal each calendar year.
- Your registration renewal submission will not be successful unless up to date CEE information is entered into the online portal.
- This will be maintained by the NLCHP and the NLCHP will be able to access your portfolio through the portal should you be chosen for an audit.
- Ten percent (10%) of Registrants will be audited by the Council each year.
- Registrants must comply fully with the audit process.
In addition, there are 2 mandatory courses (PHIA Module, Jurisprudence Module) that must be completed by members and new applicants and count toward the 10 hour minimum in the year they are completed. Each course only needs to be completed one time, per applicant.
The courses are accessed in the “applicant portal” portion of the Council website, at NLCHP.
Summary of Learning Outcomes (SLO) Form – can be submitted to portal